Sr. Director, Marketing
Location: San Francisco
Leads, develops and implements the marketing plans for assigned product(s).
Responsible for assessment of existing and potential markets, product life cycle planning, development of product tactics and strategies, definition of promotional activities and product launch. Activities may include sales support; product advertising/promotion; planning, developing, and implementing multiple channel programs; and directing the development of company market requirements for specific product(s) or product line(s). May select, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function. Consistently works with abstract ideas or situations across functional areas of the business. Through assessment of intangible variables, identifies and evaluates fundamental issues, providing strategy and direction for major functional areas. Interacts internally and externally with executive level management, requiring negotiation of extremely critical matters. Influences policymaking.
Oversees the marketing of assigned product(s), which may include corporate marketing, technology platform marketing and product management. Provides commercial input into the development of proprietary products including activities such as product positioning, competitive analysis, product forecasting, pricing analysis, product labeling and pharmaco-economic evaluation that support Company’s strategic objectives. Activities may include some support of late stage pipeline products as well as launch and post-launch support. Drives corporate marketing objectives by building awareness and comprehension of the brand(s) in our customer, employees, potential employees and investor minds. Key activities include:
- Brand Strategy:Lead annual brand and long-range planning process for assigned product(s).Develop detailed tactical brand plans --- key components include: objectives, strategies, market overview (including segmentation), positioning/ messaging, tactics [e.g., advertising/media (print and digital), promotional / sale support materials (print and interactive), market research/launch tracking and analytics].Generate pre-launch and launch forecasts.Establish and deliver on P&L targets in US and ROW.
- Market Access:Apply health economic inputs into brand strategy to enhance and evolve brand’s value proposition. Involvement in cross-functional teams for pricing, contracting, and contract execution.
- Competitive Environment:Develop customer insights to inform brand strategy and tactics to support product positioning. Stays current on the landscape. Monitor competitive environment on an ongoing basis.
- Media Planning, PR & Promotional Support:Responsible for developing and executing on the HCP promotional strategy and developing promotional programs.Assist in the management of advertising agencies.Partner with field sales teams to develop aligned strategic objective and execution.Develop sale support materials.Motivate field sales force through marketing efforts.
- Budget and Forecasting:Plans, directs and controls functional activities to accomplish budgeted financial objectives and execute the company marketing plan on time and within budget.Generate both pre-launch and launch forecasts / valuations.
Supports Business Development efforts in partnering our technology with Biopharmaceutical partners, identifying potential business opportunities and evaluating potential investments and/or strategic partnerships that support Company’s strategic objectives. Works collaboratively across a broad range of people developing and maintaining good working relationships in order to facilitate a team-based approach to meeting the company's objectives. May be responsible for providing regular performance feedback, development and coaching to direct reports.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a scientific, business, marketing or related discipline is required.
- An MBA is preferred. Equivalent experience may be accepted. A minimum of 15 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical or related industries.
- A minimum of 10 years of marketing, and also new product planning, or business development experience in pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of in-line marketing experience is required.
- A minimum of 12 years previous management experience is preferred. Launch experience in the Oncology Space is Required.
- Must have demonstrated experience in critical marketing competencies (launch experience, improve competitive positioning, drive growth of brand).
- Demonstrated ability to partner and work with multiple agencies / vendors, manage budgeted and projects, cross-functionality, cross-geography, and with cross-company teams of high-level managers and executive is preferred.
- Must be able to demonstrate an ability to lead marketing and technical discussions internally and externally.
- An ability to work cross-functionally to develop tactical marketing plans is required. Must be experienced with and capable of explaining scientific concepts.
- Must have demonstrated experience in exercising sound business judgment.
- Must be able to demonstrate an ability to pioneer new ideas and create new thinking.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written are required.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to work across multiple functions, disciplines and people.
Don't forget to customize your application!
We offer specialized Resume and LinkedIn makeovers for the biotech industry exclusively. If you need more help, you can add 50 minutes of personalized, one-on-one job search strategy coaching onto any of our packages.
I want to land the job