Director, Sales & Marketing Analytics - Waltham, MA
Location: Waltham, MA, US
The Director, Sales & Marketing Analytics, is responsible for leading and continuing the development of the analytical capabilities supporting the Sales & Marketing function (Brand Marketing, Field Sales Leadership) of a growing commercial organization with two approved products (one for the treatment of addiction and another for the treatment of schizophrenia) and a portfolio of pipeline product candidates. This position will be a key business partner to the Sales & Marketing leadership team and will lead a team of analysts providing a broad range of analytical support solutions and services. In addition, this position will work closely with leaders in Corporate Planning, Commercial IT and other functions to ensure coordination of services and deliverables. This position will report to the Vice President, Analytics.
- Partner with Sales & Marketing leaders and other stakeholders to identify key business questions and knowledge gaps that can be addressed via analyses and reports.Areas of focus include the following:
- Track performance of markets and product launches
- Quantify treatment provider landscapes and segments
- Develop brand performance analytics and metrics
- Evaluate effectiveness of marketing and field efforts; identify challenges and opportunities; provide actionable insights / recommendations
- Support business plan development and execution tracking
- Develop a framework of analytical methodologies and vendors that can be used to ensure consistent approaches are applied across brands.
- Determine required data sources (internal and external) to address business questions.
- Add depth to insights by developing a thorough understanding of all key brand commercial dynamics, including disease state, market landscape, product attributes, unmet needs, key treatment providers / prescribers and payers.
- Provide ongoing, high-level strategic consulting to all internal stakeholders to ensure maximum leverage of insights.
- Manage vendors and data sources used for analyses.
- Manage annual budget.
- Work with Corporate Planning, Commercial IT, Finance and Program Management on cross functional solutions.
- Lead and mentor a team of analysts.
Education And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, science or quantitative disciplines such as mathematics or statistics required.Master’s degree preferred.
- Proven experience using analytical techniques to address business questions.
- Minimum of 10 years in pharmaceutical industry and at least 5 years in a decision support leadership role.
- Experience with specialty injectables, CNS products and product launches preferred.
- Experience hiring, developing and leading a team.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and SQL skills; proficient with Microsoft Office applications including PowerPoint and Word.
- Working knowledge of CRM solutions; knowledge of Veeva of Salesforce.com preferred.
- Working knowledge of pharmaceutical data sources such as IQVIA and Symphony Health.
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective / collaborative working relationships with Sales & Marketing leadership.
- Ability to understand business requirements, propose solutions, gain alignment and execute.
- Ability to coordinate and influence the efforts of cross-functional teams.
- Ability to prioritize and manage concurrent and, occasionally, competing initiatives in a fast paced environment.
- Strong organization and planning skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Focus on process improvement and the development of sustainable / predictable processes, business rules and solutions.
- Ability to develop and articulate actionable, fact-based, insights and recommendations.
- Ability to synthesize data from multiple sources to address complex business questions.
- Ability to communicate requirements to vendors and manage their performance.
- Thorough understanding of pharmaceutical marketing.
Don't forget to customize your application!
We offer specialized Resume and LinkedIn makeovers for the biotech industry exclusively. If you need more help, you can add 50 minutes of personalized, one-on-one job search strategy coaching onto any of our packages.
I want to land the job