Executive Director, US Sales Neurology - West
Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
The Executive Director, US Sales, Neurology, West, will be responsible for all sales activities related to Neurology in the US West region market. He/she will lead a team of Regional Business Directors in executing marketing strategies and achieving annual sales goals. This position reports to the VP of the US Neurology Business Unit. The position will be based in the West Region, with the ideal candidate residing in a major metropolitan area within it - LA, Denver, San Francisco, Seattle strongly preferred.
- Leads the US West Neurology Sales team in achieving sales performance targets
- Develops and ensures optimal execution of the national/territory sales plans; manages the annual budget accordingly
- Hires, leads, coaches, develops, motivates and inspires the Sales Management Team
- Actively review performance metrics with Regional Business Directors and ensures timely and appropriate actions to address challenges and/or opportunities
- Ensure the activities under responsibility meet the highest ethical standards, are in full compliance with the Alexion Code of Ethics and Business Conduct, and are in line with company policies and procedures
- Collaborates closely with the ED US Sales counterparts and Neurology Marketing Team to impact Marketing Plans and ensures that the US Marketing Plan is rolled out in alignment with Alexion’s key strategic imperatives.
- Oversees handling of key accounts and ensures best in class customer service to all accounts.
- Creates, builds and maintains relationships with National Key Opinion Leaders in partnership with Marketing and Medical Affairs
- Ensures operational systems are in place, enables RBDs to evaluate regional and territory sales activity and results
- Ensures close collaboration of US Neurology Sales team with National Accounts, Case Management, Medical Science Liaison, Market Access & Diagnostics, Thought Leader Liaisons and Customer Operations to optimize Alexion’s approach to meeting customer’s needs
- Collaborates cross functionally with Global Sales and Marketing Operations on Sales Training, Business Analytics, Sales Compensation Plans, Alignments, and Market Research
- Play an active role in ongoing Senior Leadership Business Reviews through analysis and reporting of KPIs
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in the pharma and/or biopharma industry including significant experience managing pharma and/or biopharma sales teams in the US market
- Experience in specialty pharma sales, preferably with, Neurology disorders and/or orphan drug, with institutional, integrated delivery systems and community accounts
- Successful track record of leading, developing and managing the performance of sales teams in delivering outstanding results
- Demonstrated ability to convert business insights into actionable strategies to grow the business
- Excellent communication skills with high learning agility and clear business and scientific acumen
- Strong history of leadership, teamwork and cross functional collaboration that has resulted in significant accomplishments within an organization
- Previous experience in one or more of the following areas an advantage: Marketing, Business Operations, Sales Training, Sales Force Effectiveness
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, highly complex and challenging environment
- Ability to travel within the US on a regular basis
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred
- Scientific background highly desirable
Don't forget to customize your application!
We offer specialized Resume and LinkedIn makeovers for the biotech industry exclusively. If you need more help, you can add 50 minutes of personalized, one-on-one job search strategy coaching onto any of our packages.
I want to land the job