Oncology Thought Leader Liaison – East (Director)
Location: Field, KY, US
As a Oncology Thought Leader Liaison - East, you will engage and work closely with regional U.S Oncology External Experts (EEs) in support of GSK’s oncology portfolio.
These Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To
- This role will provide/gives YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career.
- Create and execute a regional Key Customer engagement plans.
- Utilize insights and input from external thought leaders to help build
- commercial strategies through appropriate tactics (advisory boards, expert consultants, and 1:1 engagements).
- Execute the US oncology strategic plan at national, regional, and local scientific meetings with a common purpose and strategy.
- Lead, coordinate and plan GSK’s regional marketing engagement with US based oncology EEs (top 10%-15% of EEs as assigned by marketing leadership, with input from medical affairs leadership). This includes building and maintaining of effective working relationships with oncology EEs.
- Manage and coordinate EE executive encounters with commercial leaders. Includes planning and execution of EE engagements and executive encounters at local, regional and national conferences, POAs, in field engagements, and other venues as directed in a compliant manner.
- Coordinate marketing and EE relations related to Peer to Peer education as directed by marketing and medical affairs leadership. This primarily includes contracting, speaker training logistics (medical delivers actual speaker training)
- Lead marketing coordination with key stakeholders as needed and appropriate, including medical affairs such as acting as support and coordination of commercial advisory boards as directed by leadership.
- Escalate market challenges/barriers to leadership to consider appropriate ways to address these between medical affairs and commercial.
- Collaborate with Key Experts to help ensure medical accuracy and real world strategy to marketed materials.
- Develop expertise on thought leaders and the oncology (hematology and/or solid tumor) marketplaces.
- Lead and facilitate thought leader interactions across multiple teams.
Why you? Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of fifteen years of work experience in one or more of the following: field sales, product marketing, or medical / clinical experience in the same or related therapeutic area within the pharmaceutical / biotech industry
- Specialty (Respiratory Biologic and/or Immunology) and biologic marketplace experience required
- Ability to assemble and lead cross-functional teams toward a shared vision of success
- Ability to deliver objectives under tight timelines
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to travel ~ 60% - 80%; could be less based on geography
- Ability to travel to meetings/trainings/programs as necessary
- If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- MBA/MS or MA
- Direct Marketing experience
- Understanding and experience with working across organization to engage effectively with HCPs
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to present ideas effectively to individuals or groups, targeting presentation to the needs of the audience
- Possess strong business acumen skills, as role is responsible for managing multiple program budgets, timelines, process and procedures .
- Strong project management experience, including superior analytical and planning skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated strong orientation to ethics and compliance
- Strong organizational skills
Don't forget to customize your application!
We offer specialized Resume and LinkedIn makeovers for the biotech industry exclusively. If you need more help, you can add 50 minutes of personalized, one-on-one job search strategy coaching onto any of our packages.
I want to land the job