Oncology Nurse Educator - Virginas
Location: Virginia, MN, US
The Oncology Nurse Educator (ONE) is a field based position that serves as a complement to the TESARO Commercial team and other cross functional partners. This position is responsible for delivering educational programs to our customers and accounts. ONE support will further the objective of establishing TESARO as a leading oncology company. The ONE will conduct educational programs with Health Care Professionals (HCPs) involved in treating and managing patients who may benefit from the utilization of TESARO products. These HCPs include physicians, nurses and pharmacists. The ONE will train HCPs in both the community and hospital settings where patients with malignancies are treated so that all appropriate product attributes and safety profile are understood to optimize patient selection and clinical outcome.
- Identify and conduct outreach to key HCPs in the institutions and oncology clinical practice sites to build and strengthen relationships and represent TESARO interests.
- Conduct educational programs through formal group presentations, 1:1 HCP meetings, and small group discussions.
- Partner closely with and collaborate with US Sales Directors, Regional Area Directors and Area Managers.
- Engage with commercial associates to assist in internal training workshops and development of training materials.
- Communicate appropriately with internal stakeholders (e.g. medical information, clinical development, drug safety and commercial) on relevant clinical information and oncology practice trends affecting TESARO compounds.
- Participate in and successfully complete all assigned education/training on TESARO SOPs, product information, compliance training and regulatory education relevant to role.
- Maintain clinical and technical expertise in relevant therapeutic areas.
- Maintain the highest level of integrity and act in accordance with company compliance/legal guidelines at all times.
- Complete all administrative duties in a timely manner.
- Serve as a proactive and engaged resource for healthcare professionals in regards to product handling, administration, and product or clinical inquiries.
- Strong technical/analytical skills to identify and solve problems.
- Self-motivated, assertive, and self-confident with the ability to act with urgency and passion.
- Proven ability to work with a high level of integrity, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills in order to maintain a high level of productivity, innovation, and priority-setting in order to complete assignments on-time and on-budget.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for effectively interfacing with all levels of management and departments within the company.
- Strong formal public speaking and presentation skills
- Ability to make thoughtful, integrated, timely and meaningful decisions and take corresponding actions.
- Willingness to work collaboratively by incorporating diverse perspectives and appropriately managing relationships in order to strengthen decision-making.
- Proactively seeks out and recommends process improvements.
- Resourceful, creative, enthusiastic, and results-oriented.
- Computer proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Adobe®.
- Ability to travel frequently (50-70%), including overnight travel.
- RN with at least 5 years clinical oncology experience.
- Relationships with institutions and/or hospitals in region.
- Understanding of community and hospital hematology/oncology departments.
- Previous pharmaceutical (at least 2 years) industry experience preferred .
- Working knowledge of regulatory and compliance required.
- Public speaking and formal presentation experience.
Don't forget to customize your application!
We offer specialized Resume and LinkedIn makeovers for the biotech industry exclusively. If you need more help, you can add 50 minutes of personalized, one-on-one job search strategy coaching onto any of our packages.
I want to land the job