Senior Director, Marketing - Prostate Cancer
Location: Brisbane, CA
The Senior Director, Prostate Cancer Marketing will lead a team of marketers responsible for developing and executing commercialization strategies that support the launch of relugolix across the US for prostate cancer. The role will collaborate closely with cross-functional leaders, including Market Access, Sales, Commercial Operations, Business Analytics and Medical Affairs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Build the Prostate Cancer Marketing Team from scratch to prepare to start launching in 2021.
- Inspire, coach, manage and develop marketing employees to achieve and grow as individuals and a cohesive team.
- Lead refinement of forecast and commercial budget with integral support from Finance and Analytics partners.
- Lead the development and execution of launch marketing strategy and tactical plan to rapidly and successfully launch relugolix in prostate cancer.
- Assess potential go-to-market approaches and make recommendations about the need for partnerships or contract selling teams.
- Partner with Market Access team to develop pricing and access strategies and tactics that provide rapid, broad, and profitable access to relugolix for prostate cancer for patients.
- Inspire and motivate Sales organization to align to product strategies and flawlessly execute tactical plans. Be a valued partner to Sales that actively solicits input and provides valuable feedback.
- Identify, select, manage and evaluate external agencies, consultants and vendors to develop marketing programs in support of achieving Myovant’s strategic objectives
- Develop product branding, launch campaign and tactics for HCPs.
- Develop consumer strategy and make recommendations regarding targeted and cost-effective consumer launch tactics.
- Partner with Sales, Market Access, and Commercial Operations to ensure alignment of Myovant’s US commercialization strategy and plans.
- Partner with Business Analytics on the development and delivery of market insights that inform commercial strategies, tactics and product forecasts.
- Ensure that all marketing activities are in compliance with regulatory and legal requirements.
- Provide commercial input on Myovant’s clinical development strategy and evidence plans for relugolix for prostate cancer.
- Partner with Med Affairs on the execution and development of an integrated scientific and thought leadership strategy.
- Upon launch, drive commercial team performance to deliver revenue and share goals while continuously assessing performance metrics and adjusting strategies and plans to achieve.
- Build and opti
- mally manage promotion budget to balance goals of optimizing return on investment and driving launch performance.
Core Competencies, Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Experience developing and executing launch strategies and plans for Biotech or pharmaceutical product in the US marketplace.
- Proven ability to grow the value of a business and to deliver against commercial goals.
- Working knowledge of current US pricing environment and dynamics, including prevailing payers and their formulary tactics, and patient savings offers and access programs.
- Experience developing and executing consumer marketing strategies and promotional programs, particularly multi-channel digital and point-of-care programs.
- High analytical capability with history of effectively directing and leveraging market research and developing, tracking, and acting on performance metrics and market insights.
- Demonstrated understanding of pharmaceutical regulatory requirements and impact on development of marketing materials is required.
- Strong financial background in building forecasts, responsibly managing budgets in excess of $50M, and partnering with Finance on ROI and NPV analyses for assets, programs, investments.
- A fierce and motivating competitive spirit and demonstrated track record of outmaneuvering and winning against the competition in manner that is aligned with Myovant values and rules of compliance.
- Ability to motivate and lead teams and have the managerial courage to make and stand by difficult decisions.
- Highly-skilled in influencing cross-functional teams.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, confident executive presence, and ability to communicate with and influence the Executive Team.
- Record of attracting and developing strong marketing talent both internally and externally.
- Proven ability to grow and develop others.
- BA or BS, MBA preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in marketing and 10 years total across key commercial functions such as marketing, commercial operations, market access and/or Sales.
- Experience in oncology or men’s health a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Don't forget to customize your application!
We offer specialized Resume and LinkedIn makeovers for the biotech industry exclusively. If you need more help, you can add 50 minutes of personalized, one-on-one job search strategy coaching onto any of our packages.
I want to land the job