Regional Sales Manager - West Coast
Location: US Field-based
The Regional Sales Manager, Key Accounts will be responsible for managing a geographical area that includes 8-10 territories and will provide supervision and coaching their respective Key Account Managers (KAMs) on relevant personnel and operational matters. This position will be responsible for increasing sales and meeting objectives and is accountable for the overall success of the geographical area and customer base, including clinicians, hospitals, and integrated delivery networks within the assigned geography.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Increases sales in the geographical area by coaching, mentoring, supporting and managing the group of Key Account Managers (KAMs) in the area
- Develop regional sales plans for new business and expanding existing accounts
- Conduct field observations with each Key Account Manager, calling on assigned institutions
- Complete field coaching reports after each travel session
- Coach group to make effective sales presentations, achieve formulary approval/pull-through and develop relationships with key institutional contacts by offering examples that improve performance
- Plan and conduct effective sales meetings. Ensure compliance of Company policies and regional expectations.
- Implement new programs, compensation packages and marketing pieces as provided by the Home office
- Collaborate and communicate with Sales, Medical Affairs, National Accounts, Marketing, and Sales Administration on all needs, opportunities, Key Opinion Leader touch points, formulary changes and pull-through initiatives.
- Develop and deliver account specific strategies to profitably maintain and grow the business
- Bachelor’ degree; Masters preferred
- Highly motivated, results driven individual
- Must be able to work well independently and as a team member; under pressure and shifting priorities.
- Self-starter with demonstrated problem solving skills
- Excellent communication, (written and oral) presentation and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong project management skills to ensure timelines are met, as well as the ability to prioritize and multitask
- A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and continued industry related education.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment and to value the importance of teamwork.
- Proven ability to coach and develop direct reports
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Computer literacy in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access etc.
- Willingness and ability to provide proof of childhood immunizations, a negative TB test and other requirements, as set by each hospital’s credentialing protocol for access.
- Willing to have the “direct and honest conversation” which, at times, is uncomfortable. Not afraid to confront the facts (or be confronted) and develop a plan to move forward.
Industry Specific Qualifications
- Minimum of 3 years successfully leading institutional account
- Minimum of 10 years of related pharmaceutical sales, marketing and/or training experience.
- Hospitals experience strongly encouraged
Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline is required. An MBA is preferred
Don't forget to customize your application!
We offer specialized Resume and LinkedIn makeovers for the biotech industry exclusively. If you need more help, you can add 50 minutes of personalized, one-on-one job search strategy coaching onto any of our packages.
I want to land the job