Regional Sales Director-North Central
Location: Waltham, MA, US
The Regional Sales Director (Great Lakes) is a front-line field sales leadership role accountable for building and leading a field based sales team and managing all operations related to the sales force in the defined region. Reporting to the National Sales Director, you will participate in the development of strategic and tactical plans and execute those plans to meet or exceed sales goals. Working with the Specialty Account Representatives, Market Access, Sales Operations, Marketing, and Medical Science Liaison Teams, you will drive the strategy and sales for the region, including hiring, training and development, resource planning and allocation, and overall performance management of the sales force.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Achieve or exceed sales objectives in assigned region.
- Responsible for leading, teaching, motivating and inspiring a team of Specialty Account Representatives to achieve or exceed sales objectives in their assigned sales region.
- Conduct regular field visits and business reviews, with Specialty Account Representatives and customer visits to ensure that proper programs and messages are being utilized and commitments are followed through on.
- Build and present regional business plans on an annual basis in conjunction with Strategic Account Manager. Review and revise quarterly in preparation for Regional Plan presentations to Hem/Onc Senior Leadership
- Provide regular coaching including written and verbal feedback following customer and field visits that address and support both the business development and career development needs of the regional team.
- Create, build and maintain relationships and regular communication with physicians and key thought leaders.
- Oversee management of key accounts. Ensure a high level of expertise and customer service is delivered to all customers.
- Conduct business-to-business discussions with select priority accounts, in coordination with the Strategic Accounts team, including pricing and rebate terms that align with brand strategy
- Ensure cooperative and collaborative communication and execution between business partners from field medical, strategic accounts, MSLs, Market Access, Sales Operations, Marketing,
- Develop, lead and facilitate team POA meetings.
- Responsible for collaborating effectively and mobilizing all appropriate AMAG resources.
- This position requires a B.A. / B.S. with previous pharmaceutical sales management experience preferred.
- The ideal candidate should have 8 plus years experience in pharmaceutical sales and sales management, with significant specialty experience and a proven track record of success in a management role.
- Experience in specialty sales, with an understanding of reimbursement, distribution, and managed care processes as well as previous national/corporate accounts, managed markets, hospital markets, various sites of care, IV medications, injectables, and Medicare Part B, etc.
- Broad cross-functional experience in other commercial roles, such as marketing, sales operations, training, national/corporate accounts, managed markets, hospital markets, etc.
Dont' forget to customize your application!
We offer specialized Resume and LinkedIn makeovers for the biotech industry exclusively. If you need more help, you can add 50 minutes of personalized, one-on-one job search strategy coaching onto any of our packages.
I want to land the job